Saturday 7 March 2015

Cocktail dress code etiquette.






I have been invited to a cocktail party that I am really looking forward to. I know it is going to be lots of fun.

This days I am more used to been invited to dinner parties, so it is a lovely surprise that a couple, friends of my husband and me,  feel adventurous enough to make it a cocktail one.

For me half the fun of going to any party or event, is choosing what to wear. I love dressing up!
As it is not a too formal affair, I could choose to wear a nice top with some pretty details and a skirt or tailored trousers, but I think I am choosing a cocktail dress.

I love wearing dresses, but in Norway where I live, right now it is far to cold to wear a dress normally if you go out, so I feel like I can´t past the opportunity to wear it when I go to friends parties where I know it is going to be warm and I can wear heels and enjoy the evening without freezing.

A thing that they do in this country that I always find funny since I moved here, it is that you always carry your nice shoes with you to a dinner or party, so when you enter the house you will take off your heavy boots good for snow and change into your pretty party shoes or you can be with out shoes and it´s not rude.

So anyway, what is a cocktail dress?

This days it means a short dress around knee length and it should be dressy and elegant but not too formal.

The classic one will be the little black dress. You can´t never go wrong with that , don´t you think?

But today I feel like wearing something a bit more fun and some colour. So I am going with this one.



I had stop buying new dresses as I have a few, and I want to use the ones I have more, before buying new ones like I mentioned in this post.

This is an old dress I bought for a premier of a film I did, so it bring me really nice memories.

And of course I need a cocktail ring and I happen to have a CK purple one that it goes perfectly with it.


I am ready.

Do you like to dress up? Do you have a favourite dress?


No comments:

Post a Comment