Thursday 12 March 2015

Sugar & how I enjoy it





I was making my self an espresso coffee, when I realised that I always put sugar in it. Filter coffee I can drink without it after training myself, reducing gradually every day until one day I didn´t need to. But espresso is just a bit too intense and strong tasting for me not to put sugar in. Luckily I very seldom drink espresso, so it is not a big problem for me.

And that made me think my view on sugar.

I believe sugar is not good for us and I try to eat as little as possible of it.  Since cutting it, I have lost weight, my blood sugar is better and I feel healthier. On the other hand sugar makes lots of things taste so good and I am not willing to cut it completely out.

For me a birthday party wouldn´t be a birthday party without a cake. A proper  old fashion sweet, rich and fatty cake. And if it has chocolate much, much better.

That sums my philosophy on life, really. Enjoy it, but try to do it as healthy as possible without obsessing about it.

With sugar will be, trying  not to add it to anything in my cooking and in my daily life, and not buying processed food that contain it. But if I feel like having it in an espresso or in a special blend of tea that will make it taste so much better, and make the experience special, why not? Life is too short not to enjoy what you can. And as long as is not a daily ritual, it will be ok.

I have to say too, that I don´t eat any fake sugar. I think a diet coke is much, much worst that a real coke. I don´t want any unnecessary chemicals in my body. I believe the answer in not to sweep it for fake sugar but to cut the sugar out of your food as much as possible.

My child can have a soda one in a blue moon, but it will be a real soda not one full of aspartame. Sugar is bad, but it has been around for many years and our body´s recognise it.
Natural is always best. If in doubt chose natural.

The biggest problem is that sugar is in everything this days, and that is really bad for us.

Cook your food naturally with real ingredients and you will be able to have your cake occasionally without any health risks.

Like they say... Everything in moderation.

What about you? Do you eat sugar? What are your views about it? Please let me know. I love reading about other people opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment