Tuesday 19 May 2015

After thoughts from the 10 items wardrobe




Things I have learn after this time using my 10 items wardrobe:


  • I really like the simplicity, not having to spend extra time thinking what to wear in the mornings. Every thing I see i really like and I am happy to put on.
  • I love how simple and clean my wardrobe looks. It is not messy. I can see every peace very quickly and easily.
  • I feel like I have something I can wear for every occasion without having to buy a new dress for a party, and night out or special occasion.
  • I love that I wear my favourite things more often. Now I don´t leave clothes I love for another day. Today is good enough.
  • Now that I have less things, quality is more important and I want to get only special things in the future. If you have only a pair of jeans, you want to make sure they fit you right and that they look good. OK, is not good enough anymore.
  • I think I am truer to my real style. I want to be casual/ smart, comfortable, chic and classic. I am not 20 anymore and I don´t want to dress like I did back then. 
  • I still have lots of extras that I want to cut out over time, simplifying my wardrobe even more over time.
  • Accessories are more important but I only want to have the ones I really love.
  • I feel better about myself. I want to feel good with what I am wearing all the time and I like how it makes me feel.
  • Shoes and scarves is something that I am happy to have more. It can change completely  the look of a simple black dress.
  • Shopping is not so important anymore.
  • In Norway I wear the same clothes pretty much all year round. In summer I take out my shorts and summer dresses and add them, but apart from them everything else in my wardrobe I wear year round. I will like to cut down the amount of pieces that I have, so that my extras and my everyday clothes are on display and still have the simplicity that I am loving right now. That means cutting down my extras even more, but it seams that right now is becoming easier and easier everyday as I am improving my style and lots of things that I have it seams they don´t fit me anymore or are good enough for my new expectations. 
  • The number is not important. 10, 15, 20... Its about helping you to see that you don´t need so much. 
  • I want simplicity, so ideally I will like my closet to have the amount of clothes I will pack for a two weeks vacation.
Soon it is time to change to my summer wardrobe and I am looking forward to that. Packing somethings away and taking out some summer favourites. 
It feels like going shopping but without spending any money.

I will show you what I choose in an other post. 
Will you like to join me on a simple summer wardrobe? Say yes!!! Please...

No comments:

Post a Comment